Dementia and Alzheimer’s Care
Caring, Loving and Sharing In-Home Care
If you or your loved one is suffering from the effects of dementia or Alzheimer’s, your life can dramatically change. Many of your old routines or the methods by which you address day-to-day experiences can no longer apply. It can be a terribly confusing, frustrating and scary time for families. Many families feel they have no options but to consider nursing or retirement homes. But there are options, and good ones.
CLS caregivers are trained to address the in-home care needs of Alzheimer’s and dementia patients in the Coachella Valley area including Indian Wells, Palm Springs, Rancho Mirage, and La Quinta. We work with medical providers to champion a high quality of home life, and provide the comfort of knowing that the people most in need are in secure hands. Here are some of the CLS services for the sufferer of Alzheimer’s or dementia:
Family consultation on Alzheimer’s/dementia behaviors, communication techniques and client expectations
- Coordination with medical providers on medications and home adaptations
- Respite (short- and long-term) for family members, if they are charged with primary care
- Assistance with hygiene, bathing and grooming needs
- Meal preparation – preparing good food at the right time (and cleaning up)
- Help with appointment scheduling and attendance
- Light housekeeping
- Household organization – mail, answering phones, watering plants
- Medication assistance – work with pharmacies and your medication schedule
- Helping with exercise and any therapeutic recommendations
- General companionship, entertainment and a warm human touch
Dementia and Alzheimer’s Care takes a special set of professional talents. We at CLS can deliver our talented people at affordable rates and with the quality of life care you want for your loved ones.
These medical conditions are serious, and require concerted care, but we’re here to assure you that things can be better, and that the sanctity of home life can be preserved. Contact us today to discuss your care needs.